Entête de page
Classical, contemporary, experimental, French variety, jazz, rock, hip-hop, folk from here or elsewhere… Music is in the air on the 21st of June!
For the Music Festival, the City of Strasbourg invites you to celebrate the liveliness of music, to discover the diversity of genres and to let yourself be swept off your feet by the festive atmosphere.
The City puts local musicians on the spotlight. Amateurs or professionals will be able to express themselves on the public space to make the whole city dance.
The city acts as a gigantic open air stage where you can enjoy the dozens of stages scattered around the neighborhoods, in the bars, or on the streets, ready to celebrate the summer solstice with music.
Important: security measures will be enforced during this event. To know more, go at the bottom of the page.
"Tête d’affiche" stage – Place Kléber
On the stage, award winning local artists will perform: Difracto (local artist), Valentin Yomba (La Voie des talents), Funkindustry (Hopl'Awards 2018). The Karaoké organized by Arte (10 year anniversary of Arte concert) will kick off the first part of the show before the Music Festival’s guest of honor: Stéphan Eicher.
- 6 pm – 6.45 pm: Difracto
- 7 pm – 7.45 pm: Valentin Yomba
- 8 pm – 9 pm: Funkindustry
- 9.15 pm – 10.15 pm: Karaoké Arte
- 10.30 pm – 12 am: Stéphan Eicher
"Découvertes" stages – Place Gutenberg and Place de l’Etal
- 6 pm – 6.30 pm: ADAM
- 6.45 pm – 7.15 pm: Espersan
- 7.30 pm – 8 pm: Vix Trio
- 8.15 pm – 8.45 pm: NeustädterHarz
- 9 pm – 9.30 pm: John Universe
- 9.45 pm – 10.15 pm: Kamisa Negra
- 10.30 pm – 11 pm: Le Bruit du Frigo
- 11.15 pm – 11.45 pm: Romor
- 12 am – 12.30 am: Shaka'n'roots
Place de l’Etal
- 6 pm – 6.30 pm: Jamington
- 6.45 pm – 7.15 pm: Céaile
- 7.30 pm – 8 pm: Weatherwool
- 8.15 pm – 8.45 pm: 16 KAT
- 9 pm – 9.30 pm: A-Rob / Mismo / Goldbomb
- 9.45 pm – 10.15 pm: Screaming Kids
- 10.30 pm – 11 pm: Le Passage
- 11.15 pm – 11.45 pm: Kobaltree
- 12 am – 12.30 am: Rune
"Cultures urbaines" stage – In front of the Médiathèque André Malraux
This stage has become an unmissable event for hip-hop, slam, raggae, dancehall, beat-box and electro fans. The program was cooked up by the association Ready 2 Rumble with DJ T.Killa, DJ Talri, Mc Baya and Mc Weezy hosting, and will make you want to dance, whoever you are.
The order of the line-up is not final and might change on the 21st of June.
- 6 pm DJ NEIL + MC BAYA (30mn)
- 6.30 pm LES PRUNELIERS (10mn)
- 6.45 pm SOUL ANGEL T (15mn)
- 7 pm BIG EST (15mn)
- 7.15 pm MISHKI SOVIET (15mn)
- 7.35 pm DOUMS HEDER JOE TEEZY (15mn)
- 7.55 pm MIGHTY VINC’+ Dj LEEVUP (15mn)
- 8.15 pm EMERAUDE (10mn)
- 8.30 pm RUDY C (20mn)
- 8.50 pm DJ NEIL + FULL VYBZ (10mn)
- 9 pm ART & MISS (15mn)
- 9.20 pm THA PVANS (15mn)
- 9.35 pm DJ NEIL + QUEEN’S UP (5mn)
- 9.40 pm NELSON AZUNDA (15mn)
- 10 pm RDK (15mn)
- 10.15 pm DJ TALRI MC FLASH & MC BAYA AFROB’EAST + Dj NEIL (4mn) (10mn)
- 10.25 pm A-ROB + GOLDBOMB (15m)
- 10.40 pm LARRY + MC BAYA (20mn)
- 11 pm DJ MYSTYKAL KUT (30mn)
- 11.30 pm DJ GHEN DA PAUL + MC WLAD (25mn)
- 12 am EKLIPS (30m)
Partners and initiative projects stages
The Music Festival is also an opportunity for associations to present their musical project for one night in well-known places of Strasbourg.
More than a dozen of associations, partners of the Music Festival, will perform in different places in the city. You will be able to enjoy the different projects, partners with the City of Strasbourg.
Partners stages (from 6 pm to 12 am)
- Place St-Etienne: M2S (Electronic)
- Place du Frère Médard: 1518 (Psy Trance)
- More information soon: Antipod (Drum & bass)
- Place de la grande boucherie: Coldstone / Rock in Place (Rock)
- Place des tripiers: OMAR (Alternative)
- Place Saint-Thomas: Aquarus
- Place Sainte-Barbe: Creative Playground (Hip-hop)
- Square Louise Weiss: Longevity (Electronic)
- Place des Meuniers: AMAC (Variety)
- Place Grimmeissen: ISG (Pop-rock, variety, electronic)
- Rue de la vignette: Association Ordinaire (Electronic, funk, jazz)
- Rue du 22 Novembre: BOMA (Variety)
- Place Saint Pierre Le Jeune: Philippe Polaert (Electronic)
- Place du Temple Neuf: Lycée Jean Rostand (Variety)
- Place Broglie: Café de l'Opéra (Electronic)
- Place du vieux marché aux poissons: French Variety Rallye
- Le roi et son fou / rue du Vieil Hôpital: Code bar (Electronic)
- Campus Ionis / 4 rue du Dôme (Pop-rock, hip-hop, electronic)
The spirit of the Music Festival also lies in the spontaneous participation of musicians of all ages, amateurs or professionals. This participation is a personal decision that doesn’t require any autorisation or the filing of a particular request, nor any technical installations, while respecting security measures. For the 21st of June to be an uneventful celebration, we must respect the tranquility of the neighborhoods, the municipal decrees and some basic safety measures.
Make sure that the place you choose is available
If the place you chose to perform is an open-air public place, contact the residents: bars, merchant associations, companies, ... They will be pleased to share their experiences and warn you about possible troubles.
If you need an amplifier and need to find a power feed in a private house, cables should be put out of range of the public. Cables should be put on the ground without hindering pedestrian and bicycles movements, and should not cross the road at any case.
Power generators are strictly forbidden.
The sound level of your performances should be adapted to the place, the neighboring environment that you chose and the size of your audience so as to not disturb the neighbors. Sound systems, and other amplifiers, should be protected and set far enough from the audience to avoid earring damage. A perimeter of at least 3 meters around the sound systems should be enforced. Think about keeping a special electric fires (CO2) fire extinguisher near the sound system or any place that represents a risk of fire.
Traffic and emergency vehicles
Your equipment should not hinder public traffic, public transportation, residents’ vehicles, public car parks users or emergency vehicles in any case. In case of emergency, emergency vehicles need to be able to navigate. Make sure your installation can be removed fast if needed. Any equipment that can hinder vehicles or pedestrian traffic or may induce security problems may be subjected to police action.
In case of bad or dangerous weather (strong winds, storms, heavy rains,…), participants should be able to apply the necessary safety measures (safety advice, cancellation, evacuation, etc…).
The Music Festival will take place from 6 pm to 12.30 am. All participants must respect this timeframe.
- Place Kléber
- Place Gutenberg
- Place de l’Etal
- In front of the Médiathèque André Malraux
- Place Grimmeissen
- Chapelle Saint-Michel (main station), place du château
- Firefighters: 18
- Police: 17
- Medical Aid: 15
Public bathrooms, open until 12.30 am
- Place Kléber
- Place du Château
- Place d’Austerlitz
- Barrage Vauban
For the celebration to go on as planned, safety measures will be implemented, following the recommandations of the Prefect of the Bas-Rhin region.
- On-street parking is forbidden throughout the Grande Île from Friday June 21st at 6 am to Saturday June 22nd at 4 am.
- All car traffic is prohibited throughout the Grande Île from Friday June 21st at 4 pm to Saturday June 22nd at 4 am.
- The car parks Gutenberg, Tanneurs, Kléber and Broglie will be closed from Friday June 21st 4 pm to Saturday June 22nd 4 am.
- Deliveries are not allowed (except special cases provided by the decree) from Friday June 21st at 4 pm to Saturday June 22nd at 4 am.
- Pedestrians can access the Grande Île by the bridges and footbridges. There will be police controls at every entrance.
- In case of extreme emergency, call 17.
- Bus and tram services:
- No buses will be running on the Grande Île on Friday June 21st from 4 pm
- Tram: Stations located on the Grande Île (Alt Winmärik, Broglie, Homme de Fer, Langstross) as well as Porte de l'Hôpital will be closed from 4 pm on June 21st.
- Bus and tram services will be extended to 1 am